Maternity Acupressure-A Review


'I was 40 weeks into my pregnancy and feeling absolutely miserable. The joy of anticipating the birth of my new baby was dampened by the looming presence of a
medical induction. Yes, I had remained drug free throughout my pregnancy and was determined to keep it that way. Plus, I had read about Pitocin and how the natural release of endorphins for pain relief is not stimulated. I really was getting extremely anxious about this!

I bought every single book out there on natural birth induction and tried everything from castor oil to raspberry leaf tea. Castor oil made me feel so ill I gave up after the first spoonful!

I called up my midwife in despair! Cheryl (my midwife) recommended maternity acupressure as it had helped many of her patients. I trawled the internet and after searching for reviews found this book Easier, Shorter and Safer Birth using Maternity Acupressure by Dr. Lena Leno. I was extremely skeptical at first but decided to try out at least one of the acupressure points. The book is very well illustrated and simple to follow. It had good reviews and seemed to work for others.

I started massaging my acupressure points (my husband helped too which was sweet) and...you wouldn't believe it, but I went into labor 18 hours later!! But this is not the most exciting bit....I used the pain relief acupressure points during the labor and compared to my first birth, it really was pain relief!! My labor was uncomplicated although I had been told by the midwife 4 weeks ago that I may have to have a C-section.

I am now expecting my 3rd child and have been using this book to help ease my morning sickness and relieve my back aches and head aches. Maternity Acupressure definitely works!

I hope this review comes in handy for all of you whether you are in your first week or final week of pregnancy.'

C. Lang, Canada

Oh my goodness!!!This really works!! I couldn't believe it ....I was in labor in 24 hours. Definitely recommend this Maternity Acupressure, by Dr. Lena Leno book!!

Josephine Maine, Florida

Thanks for all the information from your blog! It really helped me and my hubby during this frustrating period. Just thought I would let you know that I purchased the Maternity Acupressure guide by D. Lena Leno and hey presto! I was in labor. Now not too sure if it was a combination of everything else you suggested but definitely going to use it for the next baby! Oh and it is great for relieving back pain as well as contractions!
Thanks again!

S. S, Chicago